This edition of The GameCola Podcast features Michael Gray, Elizabeth Medina-Gray, Zach Rich, and Paul Franzen. It is made up of four segments:
Segment One: Versus Mode (0:00 to 13:30)
- New podcast is out once again!
- Paul explains what happend to Carbonated News.
- Miles Edgeworth is getting his own game.
- We’re not too excited about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Banjo-Tooie is being re-released. Nobody but Zach cares.
- Final Fantasy is kinda lame. TestGame is cooler.
Segment Two: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (13:30 to 30:35)
- Michael Gray summarizes the case because no one can remember it, and he played it recently.
- Asking if Mia has a thing for Phoenix leads to a long discussion on various possible relationships in the Phoenix Wright series. Zach Rich doesn’t participate in this segment.
Segment Three: Time Travelling in Video Games (30:35 to 47:20)
- There are two concepts of Time Travel: Back to the Future and Dragonball Z.
- Time Hollow randomly goes back-and-forth between those two concepts, which is confusing.
- How does time travel work in Ocarina of Time?
- Simultaneous events don’t happen. We are isolated temporally.
- How do you pronounce Saria?
- Mario’s Time Machine = Carmen Sandiego
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed made Zach Rich cry.
Segment Four: Games We’re Playing Now (47:20 to end)
- Michael is playing Fire Emblem for the DS.
- Lizo is playing the first .hack game, despite the difficult final boss.
- Paul is playing Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island
- Zach is playing good games like Star Ocean Four.
- No interesting games are being released in April.