GameCola fans and writers describe their favorite (and sometimes least favorite) games of all time.
Todd Bigelow’s Top 10 Favorite Games
10. Halo (MXB): Yeah I know, shut up already! I don’t care if it is on the evil Microsoft big black box, I still love my Halo! We have tournaments for it all the time here and I always come out on top, even when it’s several people against ME!! I just love shooting and maiming stuff, and since Xbox has such great graphics, it’s sooooo much more fun here than it ever was in Wolfenstein.
9. Red Dead Revolver (PS2): Of course I would not be much of a first-person shooter fan if I didn’t have this one on my list. What’s more fun than shooting space-men? I’LL TELL YOU! SHOOTING COWBOYS!! AND ZOMBIES!! AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS I GOT TO SHOOT HERE, WOOOOOO!!!!!
8. Dark Cloud 2 (PS2): It has always bothered me that people talk about Beyond Good and Evil as being the first game to integrate gaming and photography. Come ON MAN, this game did it first and did it better!!! Dark Cloud 2 had you wandering around caves taking pictures of times so you could use them! Or at least I think; the story was a bit too confusing for me.
7. Ape Escape (PSX): After a long day of shooting space-men in Halo I like to kick back with catching some monkeys. No not that kind you SICK FREAK, I mean actual monkeys, the ones you find in the zoo! Or in this case, the kinds you find running around levels pulling all kinds of shenanigans while you chase them with a net.
6. Harvest Moon (SNES): This game is actually kind of boring but I included it on my list because I was able to marry this hot girl in it. My friend and I actually had an argument over this! He wanted to marry MY woman, can you believe it?? SHE WAS MINE FIRST, STEVE!!! HANDS OFF MY WOMAN!!!! (LOL I hope he reads this!!)
5. Ghosts ‘n Goblins (NES): Hm, shouldn’t there be a second apostrophe after that n? Because I do not think the game is meant to be “Ghosts an Goblins”, but I do not know! I can forgive errors in grammar in this game though because it has an awesome soundtrack!! And OMG, have you ever heard the Minibosses cover it??? SO AMAZING!!!!
4. James Pond 2: Codename Robocod (SG): Lol, RoboCOD!! That’s just TOOOO funny!! This game is insane though, there’s all kinds of crazy enemies and levels and things that freak me out TO THIS DAY!! Also TO THIS DAY, I can’t beat the third or so level, but it is okay because the game has RoboCOD in the title!!!
3. Diddy Kong Racing (N64): I had given up cart-racers forever after playing Mario Kart but then my friend Steve (LOL Steve are you reading??) tied me down to a chair and refused to let me go and took my pants off until I agreed to play this game. So I did and OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! It is SOO MUCH better than Mario Kart.. and it even has Conker BEFORE he was a drunk squirrel! LOL!
2. California Games (NES): This game is like BMX XXX but without the toplessness! And without the HORRIBLE gameplay LOL!! AND LOL WITH LOTS OF OTHER EVENTS THAT AREN’T BMX!!!
1. Super Mario Bros. (NES): What a classic! I never understand when people don’t have this on their Top 10 lists here in GameCola, any TRUE gamer would have it as number one! This game INVENTED the genre of side-scroller and introduced Super Mario do the gaming world, what is there not to love??!