It’s-a Mario Time! And also Podcast Time! Podcast Commander Joseph Martin sits down with Guy Who is Employed in the Film Industry John Rizzi to talk about the past, present, and future of videogame movie adaptations. Of course, the bulk of the discussion covers the recent release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, but let’s break down a synopsis for ya anyway:
- The videogame movies of yesteryear, and how we got here
- Breaking down the success of the Mario movie
- The three key issues with the film, and why they are so prevalent
- More Mario movie talk. Seriously it is like, most of the podcast lol
- What’s next for Nintendo and the film industry?
- What other videogame companies might throw their hats in the ring?
- What videogames have you been playing in recent times (as opposed to watching them on the silver screen?)
And more! Also, be sure to check us out us on Facebook and Twitter, as well as join us on the Discord to be a part of the conversation! Catch our video content Live or Archive on our YouTube! You can find episodes of this and other GameCola podcasts by searching “GameCola” on iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts!