- Much like Sonic the Hedgehog before him, Mega Man is about to have released a vast collection of his elderly titles. This compilation, which is being released to honor the blue guy’s fifteenth anniversary of existence, will be for Playstation 2 and GameCube, and will feature ten of his past titles. This includes eight mainstream titles from the NES, SNES, GameBoy, and Playstation, and two fighting games that were never released in the US. If the rumor’s true that they’re including the MegaMan soccer game, then maybe I’ll consider picking this title up.
- Everyone’s favorite RPG maker Square Enix is publishing a new title in the Dragon Warrior series. Instead of the typical human-centric title, this GBA game stars the adorably cute slime character in his very own action RPG. This will undoubtedly be only released in Japan, because they get all the cool stuff. Oh well, at least there’s Dragon Warrior VIII on the horizon, right?
- Here’s a news bulletin that’s sure to excite at least one or two of you: You know that Tecmo has a new Ninja Gaiden title coming out for Xbox in a few months, right? Well, rumor has it that this game will feature, as some sort of hidden/unlockable feature, the original NES Ninja Gaiden. It will undoubtedly be less cool to play it on Xbox than NES, but it’s cool nonetheless.
- This is what I get for purchasing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City so long after its release — Take Two Interactive will be releasing a GTA3/Vice City double-pack for both PS2 AND Xbox in the near future. GameCube has been mysteriously left out of this announcement, but tough cookies. It already got the coolest Soul Calibur 2 bonus character. It doesn’t deserve anything else.
- In what is easily the most shocking event in the history of this past month, Sony has announced that they actually will be releasing their fabled Playstation 2 hard drive. Set for a March release, this device comes pre-installed with Final Fantasy XI (Square Enix’s MMORPG), and should be retailing at $99. This means that you’d be paying $50 for FFXI and $50 for the disk drive. Not a bad bargain. Too bad about that monthly fee thing with the game.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: