To my faithful or not-so-faithful readers of the past few months, I have only one thing to say: “Free games suck!” That is the realization I have come to over the past month, having searched for a decent game to talk about this month and having failed miserably. There were some that looked interesting, but I’ve been fooled before! I will not be fooled again! That’s what I tell myself, anyway. Usually, my thought process goes something like this:
1. Hey, this game looks kind of cool. Maybe I’ll play it.
2. OK, now that I’m done registering for yet another game, I’m ready to start!
3. You want me to download something?!? Forget that, I don’t trust strange sites.
4. Oh man…. I’m back to square one again.
That’s pretty much it, before I start the some cycle over again…unless I don’t have to download the game, in which case my thought process goes something like this:
1. Hey, this game might be halfway decent, maybe I’ll cover it this month.
2. No downloads! SWEET!
3. (ten minutes later) …That game sucked!
4. Oh man…back to square one again.
Either way though, I end up with nothing for all the effort I put into it. I did play this Wheel of Time online game for a while, called WOTMUD, which stands for Wheel of Time Multi-User Domain, a really original name! Anyway, it sucked, unlike the series which it is named after. It’s just a text-based game which is impossible for new people to get into who haven’t been playing it since it first came out. For those people, the MUD in the title stands for Makes U Die. Yes, I died 4-5 times before even getting to the second level…worst game ever!
Anyway, that’s all for this month, I’m done ranting, after this final bit of advice. If you have managed to save any money at all, go buy a decent game! It’ll save you a lot of frustration!