Doo de doo de doo, testgame. Mmmm…I just ate a banana and it was yummy. Bananas.
Making adventure games is fun! Yaaaay! Walking around, picking up things, wearing sunglasses. Hooray!
New things. (See below.)
And now, an artistic rendering of testgame:
(I think I have a future in graphic art. Oh yes.)
(no extra programs needed to run this file)
Things to do/new features of note:
- Ability to talk to Amazing Anthony after his new show, both after it fails and after it is successful. The former scenario occurs slightly differently depending on whether Paul saw the show or not. Also, Paul can actually get the petition back from Amazing Anthony to be able to use it again.
- Ability to use the petition a second (and third, and fourth, etc.) time on Amazing Anthony after his failed show to get him to start it again and allow Paul to try to solve the concurrent puzzle.
- Some new animation during Amazing Anthony’s first show. And a new object on stage with him. (You can look at and interact with it if you want.) Wait, that should get its own bullet point!
- New object in the background of the castle courtyard screen! (Yay.)
- The guard captain is now drawn in a different pose when Paul finds him in the guard room—this is how I always pictured him hanging out in there, so hooray for me getting around to making sprites.
- The structure for the conversation with Lily when Paul first arrives at the castle has been changed slightly. Now, Paul won’t be able to say goodbye to her and leave the conversation until she’s told him why she can’t leave the stall to take him where he needs to go. This makes more sense story-wise, and it clears up some continuity problems that he could run into with Hans and Lily later on.
- Background work: sparkling stream screen.
All the graphics and design are by Lizo. The dialogue was written by Lizo, with significant input by Paul. The background music is by Lizo. “Let’s Go Skateboard” is written and performed by The Word Problems. Adventure Game Studio (the program used to create this game) can be downloaded at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/