GameCola fans and writers describe their favorite (and sometimes least favorite) games of all time.
Geoff Osman’s Top 10 Least-favorite Games
10. Mega Man Legends 2 (PSX): MegaMan Legends 2 was a huge disappointment, not just because it was a bad game but because Capcom had the balls to make a sequel to an already pathetic Mega Man Legends. Luckily I have yet to hear about a Legends 3 so I think it is finally over.
9. Star Craft 64 (N64): Here is a good example of a good PC game gone horribly wrong on a console. The controls for it on N64 are so atrocious you can’t even beat some of the easiest levels. The graphics take a huge dive into a shit hole compared to the PC and the AI is so cheap its unbelievable.
8. Quest 64 (N64): I first heard about this game on a commercial. It said that EGM said it was the best RPG to have come out in a long time and was one of the greatest adventuring games ever made. After buying this game for sixty-five BUCKS!, I have yet to ever read another EGM. And I never will because they obviously don’t know the difference between a pile of ass hair and a video game. Frankly I can’t tell the difference on this game either. The graphics were blocky; camera was annoying, no other characters to play as and really corny spells. Ugh…biggest waist of money in my life.
7. Top Gun (NES): Great movie…bad game. I was never able to do two things in this game thus making it a bad one. The first was landing on the aircraft carrier, I think I have done it maybe five times in my whole life span. The other was mid-air refueling…which was impossible. I have yet to be able to do that and thus have yet to get past the second level. I hate that. Luckily the second Top gun game was much better. It had split screen battle, no mid air refueling and it seemed easier to land in that game.
6. The Contra Adventure (PSX): This was the most generic looking Playstation game I ever played. And while I was playing I had to keep looking at the Playstation just to keep me from saying…is this on Nintendo? The graphics hadn’t taken any leaps since the last 16-bit adventures. What a disgrace to a great series. This was not a contra game, they should have just named it “The Adventure” so I wouldn’t have bothered to look at it. I can’t even say it had replay value. You need “play” value before “replay” value.
5. Glover (N64): Well maybe this should go under weirdest games but I still didn’t like it. First off cheesy rip off platformer from the start. Secondly the graphics weren’t anything spectacular, in fact you could see the weakly drawn polygons in most of the game . Oh yea and did I mention. YOU’RE A GLOVE!!!!
4. Twisted Metal 4 (PSX): Twisted Metal was awesome and 2 was even better. Then came 3 and it was a huge disappointment. They should have stopped there, but Sony couldn’t miss the opportunity to punch me in my balls again and came out with this load of crap. Twisted Metal 4 was by far the worst of the twisted metals. When I heard Black was coming out I had my cup ready fearing of another junk slam, but I ended up with joy of the best Twisted Metal yet. YEAH for BLACK! BOO for 4! Heh…Ironic #4 is 4
3. Stuntman (PS2): This is by far the worst game on the PS2 to date. The game was a good idea but they pulled it off horribly. Just the fact that you have to repeat a level a billion times listening to an annoying sounding director rant at you is enough to give this game the #3 spot. The game is plain annoying.
2. Simpson’s Wrestling (PSX): This was a huge disappointment for Simpson fans. GOOD THING I’M NOT ONE OF THEM, other wise I might have already slit my throat and let the dogs lick at my vocal cords while chewing on my Adams apple. This was the worst wrestling game ever made. The character designs were awful and the voice acting was atrocious. It didn’t even go with their lips. Plus the controls were so off it was unbelievable. I would punch the triangle key and it wouldn’t register until I was already trying 5 other moves. Ugh…crap! JUST CRAP!
1. Superman 64 (N64): Who doesn’t want to be the man of steel, the man who can see through walls, the man who can leap tall buildings in a single bound and can stop bullets. I sure do. It’s a shame they have yet to come out with a game that does that. This game should be called “Square Polygon-man in Tights That Runs Around and Does Stuff…or is he Flying…oh Who Gives a Crap 64.” Look I cant even talk about this game otherwise the nightmares begin to come back. All I want to do is let all those who read this be aware. This game is the most dangerous game to have ever been on the shelves. If you think BMX XXX is going to be “bad” I’m sure it won’t compare to how awful a scene this game was. They should have given it an Adult rating because of how horrifying it was. My god…the nightmares…ahhhhh!!!!! Don’t play this game…for the love of god…don’t play this game!!!!!! My…My eyes…They BURN!!!!!!