GameCola fans and writers describe their favorite (and sometimes least favorite) games of all time.
Akimika’s Top 10 Favorite Games
10. Dr. Mario (NES): Use drugs to counteract the effects of tripping with the first drugs you used! If you hadn’t tripped, you wouldn’t be seeing those bugs! I bet Mario himself was doing the drugging…
9. King’s Quest (PC): Is there any other game in which you have a master wizard commanding you around to clean his chamber pot? Sexy pixel blocks and HOTTT (with three T’s!) command actions! For people who are into pixilated porn, this is definitely your game!
8. Forgotten Realms games (PC and other platforms…): Being they’re just the best RPGs I’ve ever played, I have to say it. Rather, the games from Baldur’s Gate up to Neverwinter Nights. So many choices… good… or evil? Pickpocket… magic… or honor?
7. Sailor Moon RPG (SNES): It’s a Sailor Moon RPG. You got to play as the different sailor scouts and fight evil! A must for the Sailor Moon obsessed people. And yes, it is still great.
6. Pokemon (GBO): Come on, this game has to get SOME recognition. It’s still fun to play, even if it is a waste of time and a product of tripping. Who hasn’t used up an entire week just playing Pok�mon at some point in time?
5. The Sims (PC): What other game can give you the ability to make up families and then screw them up or set them on fire? The Sims, of course! Create elaborate houses with the entire five gigs of space you used for all the items you downloaded, set a family or house on fire, buy some babies, kill some plants, waste some time. It’s playing god, except you get full control of what they do!
4. Star Ocean Second Story (PSX): It has my favorite battle system. Not the crappy-ass turn based kind that is in just about every average game. Although the games with them have their own qualities, this system was just the best. I also like that it has 84 endings (MUST… GET… ALL….).
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64): Well, it’s Link! I can’t really say much about it except that it’s just my favorite game of puzzling things.
2. Alice (PC): Great game, great theme, great environments. All I really have to say.
1. World of Warcraft (PC): Why? Why? It’s only been out for… Well… it hasn’t! I was in the beta and this game was just some major awesome right now. It was just so fun, being the graphics looked spiffy, the game kept me busy, and the people were awesome, too. Many of the people were all against people being stupid and immature, which kind of pulls me for it more. It’s not just an everyday hack and slash MMO, which is kind of mindless.