So you’ve come back for more, eh? Just couldn’t stay away, could you? Well, I know how that is. No really, it’s okay. I understand. That’s why I’m here you know, to feed your addiction. Because I know what you need. And here it is: your monthly dose of…
There’s actually a lot more new stuff this month than I thought there would be. Or maybe it just looks like a lot. Actually, it’s pretty cool how I didn’t get around to doing anything that I actually meant to do this month—you’ll have to suffer through more of the same characters gliding around the screen still. But the new stuff rocks! It makes me so happy! Go check it out!
Also, I need someone to voice Thurston, bad guy extraordinaire. Any really evil-sounding people out there (preferably male) want to do it? Well, this is the official casting call. If you’re a GameCola reader, and you have an interest in voice acting, all you need to do is send me an email and then some voice samples. Yes, you. Who the heck wouldn’t want to be immortalized in testgame.exe?
Things to do/new features of note:
- Brand new screen! Try walking up from the crossroads in the forest screen. There’s a bunch of new stuff to look at there. 🙂
- The giant imposing creature by the stream has a voice now! And you’ll never find out what he sounds like until you go there! (Please don’t kill me, anyone. It’s cool, I swear.)
- Some stuff in the stream scene fixed: Try using the sunglasses on various things. Pretty much everything has been changed, and I think it all makes a ton more sense now.
- Sound effects! You can now actually hear the door unlocking, and opening, aaand closing. It doesn’t get much better than that.
- New and improved background graphics in the second and third screens. Hopefully it’s starting to look at least a little better overall. It’s still far from finished, but I’m learning things like crazy!
Upcoming tasks for Lizo:
- All the stuff I said I’d do last month. Animating, more background work, more voices, etc. etc. Funny how my to-do list is always exactly the same, isn’t it. 😉
All the graphics and design are by Lizo. The dialogue was written by Lizo, with significant input by Paul. Paul is voiced (appropriately) by Paul Franzen. Lily is voiced by Lizo. The giant 7-headed ogre-type monster is voiced by Jenny. Adventure Game Studio (the program used to create this game) can be downloaded at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/.