Back in January, we did a Zelda-themed edition of “Hacks’n’Slash”, the bad fanfiction podcast. We only read four fanfics that time around, but there were actually seven different Zelda stories on the “stories to read” list.
Here are the stories we didn’t read:
- “Links DateZelda”: Link dresses like a girl and flirts with a soldier.
- “Al Gore, Ganondorf, Link and the Interviewer”: Al Gore is upset that he lost the 2000 election.
- “What Happened That Tuesday Chapter 1”: Link meets Luigi from Super Mario Bros., and the story ends immediately.
- “A New Quest”: I’m pretty sure the author constantly interrupts the story, in order to distract readers from the poor spelling.
- “Welcome to Hyrule”: A self insert about a werewolf whose first kiss is stolen by Dark Link. Half of the chapters are author’s notes.
There were also two crossover fics: one with My Little Pony and one with Sailor Moon. The Zelda/Sailor Moon story I wanted to read was “Sailor Moon SuperS and the Legend of Zelda the Twilight Princess“, which comes complete with songs, but since the story is more than 100,000 words long, it’d take us over ten hours to read it.
Artwork by Calcifer.
Will we ever feature one of these stories on a future episode of “Hacks’n’Slash”? Possibly. I’m too busy growing a beard at the moment to schedule another recording.