Greetings, GameCola Faithful! On today’s special episode of the GameCola Podcast, we have a special guest interviewee: Paul Franzen, creator of games such as Beard in the Mirror and Cat President: A More Purrfect Union! And maybe he’s had something to do with GameCola, too? After recently having his game The Awkward Steve Duology featured at the Smithsonian, he joins Anna Bryniarski, Alex Jedraszczak, and Joseph Martin to talk about the experience and what else he’s been up to. Our discussions include such topics as:
- What games has Paul been working on since starting full-time gamedev?
- How did Awkward Steve make it into the Smithsonian of all places?
- What other games were at the Smithsonian exhibition?
- Awkward people and awkward videogames
- How new media makes it easier for us to consume old media
- What videogames have recently been played by us?
And much more! Be sure to check out Paul’s website and games, and be sure to check out GameCola on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, and iTunes. You can also ask us questions at those locations or at our podcast email, podcast[at]gamecola[dot]net!