This just in from Court-Records.net, which is actively translating the original article from Famitsu as I type this.
Ace Attorney 5, which was announced by Capcom back in January with no details other than “it’s a thing for the 3DS,” will once again feature the be-spiked defense attorney in the lead role—possibly with a mysterious new teenage girl as his sidekick.
Details are still pretty scarce; here’s what we know:
- The game takes place one year after Apollo Justice.
- The first case involves an explosion at the court house, and a client named Shinobu (the girl in yellow?) who is prone to spasms.
- The prosecutor for the first case is Winston Payne’s brother, and he has awesome hair.
- The graphics seem to be a mix of 2D character sprites (as in the other Ace Attorney titles) with 3D backgrounds (which are legally required in all 3DS games). Whoops! Just a fuzzy photo; the graphics are fully polygonal.
- Series runner Shu Takumi is not “fully involved” with the game, as he’s busy with Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.
- The last time he was not fully involved with an Ace Attorney game was Investigations.
- The game will be playable at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.
- Maya is not in any of the screenshots, and if she’s not in the game at all I will legit throw my 3DS out a window.
- Nobody cares that Apollo Justice isn’t in any of the screenshots.