We’ve just finished Podcast #20: Something New. It’s the first GameCola podcast recorded in 2010, and the first podcast made specifically for the new GameCola website. Woo hoo! Joining us on the podcast are Marianne Fenwick, Paul Franzen, Michael Gray, Nathaniel Hoover, Justin Luschinski, Vangie Rich and Michael Ridgaway.
In general, there are two topics:
0:00 to 16:45 – Discussion of the new GameCola Website.
16:46 to end – Discussion of GameCola’s end-of-year awards.
And more specifically, we discuss these various topics (and more!):
- Paul gets fanmail from himself.
- The new GameCola site.
- Michael Ridgaway and Vangie Rich are engaged.
- Paul gives a history of GameCola and how the new site came about.
- The only non-staff member who has commented on the new site is Eric’s sister Genevieve.
- The future of Carbonated News.”
- Are 75% of the new comments whiny?
- There’s a roundtable discussion on everyone’s favorite part of the website.
- Paul shocks everyone by revealing that Terrence Atkins is a girl.
- Paul’s beard (he won’t stop talking about it!).
- Michael’s failed attempt to get Marianne Fenwick on the podcast.
- The 2009 GameCola Videogame Awards.
- Half of the games that were nominated for “Most Disappointing” were also nominated for “Game of the Year.”
- Using the analog stick to aim is hard. It’s much easier to aim on the PC.
- There is much talk about Tales of Monkey Island. For this game, the controls are better on the Wii than the PC.
- The old Monkey Island games might not be as much fun as the newer ones.
- Batman: Arkum Asylum is the Game of the Year!
- King Tut is not in the new Batman game, though.
- It was a close race for Best Portable Game this year.
- Apparently, we are not all in this together when it comes to High School Musical.
Enjoy the podcast and the new site, everybody!